2017 Team FormationUpdated Thursday March 30, 2017 by Scott Parrott.
ORGANIZATION OF TEAMS FOR 2017
All coaches must go to the TYBL website and complete a background check before tryouts begin.
Inform all players and parents prior to try outs that the schools your teams will represent are in no way affiliated with the schools themselves using the attached document. MSBL has no ties to the schools or school districts, but work in cooperation with the districts for facility usage only. Any and all issues with players, coaches, team formation or games should be directed to MSBL and NEVER to the school or school district.
Tryouts may begin Wednesday Feb. 22, 2017 and each team is required to conduct a minimum of 2 tryout dates. A signup form for players who attend is required and every player and a parent must sign the MSB Code of Conduct and Waiver form. Tryouts must be well publicized one week before they begin. Every player must bring a signed permission slip to try-out, acknowledging the rules, code of conduct and due date. Teams must be formed by March 1 if the team expects to play the first week with uniforms. Teams formed late may be scheduled for fewer games but will not receive reduced fees.
$165– per player with Middle School Basketball issued uniform. See UNIFORMS below.
Registration will be online and must be completed by March 5th, 2015. All other documents must be completed and turned in, including report cards and school ID by March 7.
1. Only boys will play on boys teams. Boys must play in their grade division (Private/ Charter Schools may be allowed to play 7th graders on the 8th grade team if not enough players are available). Boys must attend the school, no exceptions.
1. Only girls will play on girls teams. Girls teams will be formed as Varsity and Junior Varsity teams.
2. Varsity teams may consist of players in grades 6-8. JV teams consist of players in grades 6-7, no 8th grade players are permitted.
3. The League reserves the right to allow girls teams to form “merged” teams if not enough players are available.
4. The League reserves the right to allow ‘swing” players if necessary to form a team, but not to benefit a player or team. Swing players will pay the fee twice, and will not be allowed to play for both teams in the playoffs. Swing players require board approval.
No team shall have more than 15 players. No team shall have less than 10 players, unless fewer try-out. We expect every 6th grade boys team to have at least 12 players, and JV girls to have at least 10.
MSBL uses various uniform providers in order to keep costs down. Players must purchase through our website to avoid coaches charging too much, having non-registered players “borrow” team jerseys and in order to have reversible jerseys appropriate to play.
Games are scheduled to begin March 19 and the majority of games will be played on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. . There will be games during Spring Break. Season, including playoffs, end on May 27 or June 3.