Coach Code of ConductUpdated Sunday February 4, 2018 by TYBL Board.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS LEAGUE IS TO GIVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY BASKETBALL IN A POSITIVE ATMOSPHERE OF FUN, COMPETITION, AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS. TO ASSURE THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN WE MUST REQUIRE ALL SPECTATORS WHO ATTEND GAMES AT ALL OF THE FACILITIES USED BY THE LEAGUE, TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IS EXPECTED OF THEM.
1. Use of any FOUL or THREATENING language is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Game officials or a league official will ask anyone who is in violation to leave the facility. If he or she refuses to leave the game, the game will be stopped until he or she leaves the facility.
2. Coaches are responsible for their spectators/parents and will encourage them “cheer” for their team, not yell negative and derogatory comments at the other team. Coaches may be
responsible on request of game officials to calm a spectator or ask them to leave.
3. Coaches will not enter the court during play unless summoned by a game official.
4. Coaches will not approach the score table when play is happening. They may approach during timeouts and breaks under the supervision of game officials.
5. All coaches must sit during game play unless otherwise permitted or directed by game officials.
6. Any coach or player ejected from a game will serve a one game suspension and may not attend the next game.
7. At all times, coaches should be a positive example for every person in the gym. Failure to do so may result in removal from the coaching position.